It is very important to clean the dishwasher after regular intervals. The cleanliness of the dishwasher shows that you are a good housekeeper. Also a clean dishwasher can help keep the utensils clean and safe.
How Frequently You Should Clean Your Dishwasher?
How often your dishwasher to be cleaned totally depends on the cycles and frequency of running it .If you run a load everyday then you should keep follow these steps.
- Daily – Clean the filter from inside daily.
- Weekly- Clean the door and gasket of the dishwasher and clean the filter as well.
- Monthly- Clean the interiors deeply by running the cycle.
DIY Steps To Clean Your Dishwasher
- First of all, clean your dishwasher with vinegar. Place a dishwasher-safe bowl filled with one cup of distilled white vinegar on the top rack and run a heavy cycle without detergent or dishes.
- After that for deep cleaning and freshening, sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of empty dishwasher and run a short cycle.
- Clean the dishwasher from outside as well. For cleaning the control panel, use a brush with soft bristles dipped in water or detergent. Take a microfiber cloth sponge dipped in water and clean the outside or front portion of the dishwasher.
Some Important Tips
- Do not ever mix the vinegar and baking soda in single cycle.
- Always rinse food waste off dishes prior to loading them in dishwasher.
- Always avoid overloading for better results.