Ideal method for heating up on a cold evening! This smaller than usual cake warms up in one moment in the microwave and tastes like rich hot chocolate. Top this hot chocolate mug cake with whipped cream or marshmallow cushion for a debauched, single-serving treat.
Hot Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Butter Melted
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- choclate chips or sprinkles for toppings
- Add all ingredients (except toppings) in microwave-safe mug and stir with fork.
- Heat for 1 minute in microwave. Let sit for 1-2 minutes to cool, then top with chocolate chips or sprinkles and enjoy!
You Can Also Try This Mango Dessert Recipe
2.) Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mug Cake
Bake just in 2 minutes this Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate cake!
- 1 pack of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice cream for topping (Optional)
Steps to Follow
- Mix 1 pack of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate, ¼ cup flour, and 1 tsp sugar in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup milk, ¼ cup melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Divide and pour batter into 2 microwaveable cups.
- Microwave in high power for 2 minutes or use steam in high heat for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for 1 minute then top with ice cream and enjoy!
- Adding a little spice to the batter will add a hint of flavor. For Example, you can add cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg etc
- Picking the right Mug; Obviously, it needs to be microwave safe (no-metal), but it also has to be large enough. While initially the batter might not fill your mug very high, the cake will rise as it cooks in the microwave.
3.) Protein Mug Cake
This protein mug cake is just the sweet treat you’ve been looking for. This recipe calls for 6 simple ingredients and is ready to eat in just one minute!
- All Purpose Flour- This recipe turns out best with all purpose flour but you can use gluten free flour too.
- Granulated Sugar- Brown Sugar can be used instead of granulated sugar.
- Cocoa Powder- Any type of unsweetened cocoa powder can be used.
- Chocolate Protein Powder– Any type of chocolate protein powder will work.
- Egg White- You can use fresh egg white or 2 tbsp of egg white from a carton. You can also use flax seed egg to make the mug cake vegan.
- Vanilla Extract- Any type extracts can be used like vanilla, coconut, hazelnut or even pistachio extract.
- Chocolate Chips- You can use milk, dark or semi sweet chocolate chips.
Tips For Making The Best Protein Mug Cake
- Be sure to properly measure your dry ingredients.
- Make sure to use a large microwave safe mug . As long as your mug has a capacity of 12oz. or more, you are good to go.
- Cooking time may vary according to your microwave. Different microwaves are of different watts. The higher the watts the faster your mug cake will cook.
- To make the mug cake more delicious, top it with fresh banana slices, whipped cream and/or chocolate syrup.
- Whisk together 1 Tbsp flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/4 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Add in 1/4 cup water, 1 large egg white, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Stir together with a whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into a 12 oz or larger microwave-safe mug and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips over the top of the batter if desired.
- Heat for 50-60 seconds then check the doneness. If the batter is still liquid in the center, heat for an additional 5-10 seconds then check it again. Repeat until your mug cake is cooked through the center. I personally like it to still be gooey on the sides!
- Let the cake cool for a couple minutes (or else you will burn your tongue – trust me!!), then top with your favorite toppings and enjoy warm! Peanut butter, whipped cream, or chocolate sauce all work great as a topping.
Let us know what you think about any of these recipes. We would love to hear from you!