Lasagne is an incredible Italian dish famous worldwide, easy to make is the first choice of chefs and home cooks. Lasagne has four layers of noodles, and basically a baked casserole. Every Italian Region has their own traditional recipe for making Lasagne. So we have bought the best and easy lasagne recipe for our community!
easy lasagna recipe
Why is Lasagna So Famous?
The traditional and classic Italian dish is made by layering flat noodles, with meat sauce and Parmigiano- reggiano cheese as added ingredients. Lasagna is famous because it is filling, easy to cook and perfect for dinner.
Easy Lasagna Recipe
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- ¾ pound mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 ounce
- 2 cans tomato paste 6 ounce
- 2 cans tomato sauce 6.5 ounce
- 4 tbsp parsley
- 1½ teaspoon basil leaves dried
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Season with sugar, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Rest lasagna for 15 minutes before serving.