Pizza has a long history. Flatbreads with toppings were consumed by the ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks. But the modern birthplace of pizza is south western Italy’s Campania region, home to the city of Naples.
But barbecues the way that Americans know them now meat cooked over a grill or pit, covered in spices and basting sauce originated in the Caribbean. The word barbecue comes from the language of a Caribbean Indian tribe called the Taino. Their word for grilling on a raised wooden grate is barbacoa.
History of Barbeque Chicken Pizza
BBQ chicken Pizza was a creation of the 1985’s by the famous pizza chef Ed LaDou for California Pizza kitchen’s menu. LaDou was working as a pizza chef for an already renowned chef Wolfgang Puck at the Spago restaurant in LA, California.
3 Main ingredients of Pizza
Best Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Bbq Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 12 inch pizza crust
- 1 cup spicy barbeque sauce
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves cooked and cubed
- 1 cup pepperoncini peppers sliced
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cups Colby-Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Put pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread barbeque sauce on crust. Top with chicken, pepperoncini peppers, onion, and cilantro. Cover with Colby-Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. and relish Bbq Chicken Pizza!
Do you know why Pizza makes you happy?
You’ll be shocked to know that the carb-fest that is pizza actually fills you with serotonin. This is partially because when you’re craving pizza and that craving is satisfied, your brain produces serotonin. This is also because carbs are used heavily to make serotonin.